IITs have given many top performing engineers to the world. A student who dreams to receive a degree from one of India’s premier institutions of higher learning would ideally need to crack the Joint Entrance Exam for engineering – JEE Main and JEE Advanced. If you have missed the first boat to sail through JEE Main 2019, your dream to get enrolled in engineering from IITs, NITs, or other Govt. Funded colleges in India can still become true. You have another chance to crack JEE Main and secure a seat in your dream engineering college. The new exam conducting body of IIT-JEE, NTA recently announced that the JEE Main exam will now be conducted twice in a year – in the month of January and April. The January session of JEE Main 2019 has been concluded and the second session of April is nearing.
There were major changes that were announced by the NTA. The JEE Main 2019 will now be conducted not just once but twice in an academic year. Candidates will also have to take the exam in the computer-based mode. There is no offline mode to take the NTA JEE Main 2019. The NTA announced that some of the elements of JEE Main 2019 will remain the same like the syllabus and exam pattern. But apart from this, there was no other significant and detailed information released by NTA.
- A Student can take both the JEE Main 2019 exams or just one. In case the candidate takes both exams, the score of the best one will count.
- NTA JEE Main 2019 will be conducted twice in a year – In January and in April.
- The Exams will be held for a period of 4-5 days and students will be able to book a slot for the same.
- The Exams will be held only in computer-based mode. There will be no pen and paper-based mode of exam.
As per the updates, NTA will only organise the competitive exams namely JEE, NEET, UGC NET, CMAT and GPAT. The High-Level Committee said that the agency can only declare the Percentile Score and on the basis of which institutions may or may not take the admission test.
Why National Testing Agency – NTA?
With the introduction of NTA, the two major national level entrance exams after twelfth- JEE Main (Joint Entrance Exam) and NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test), might be conducted twice a year. This would benefit aspirants in bringing out their best performance. NEET is an entrance examination for admission into MBBS and BDS courses after class 12th while JEE Main is conducted for admission to B.E./B.Tech & B.Arch courses.
NTA 2019 Exam List
With the introduction of NTA to replace the Entrance Exam burden from AICTE, CBSE and other bodies. Listed below are NTA 2019 Exams that will be conducted twice in an year.
|Exam Name||Previous Conducting Authority||Conducting Authority 2019|
|National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET 2019)||CBSE||NTA NEET 2019|
|Joint Engineering Entrance (JEE 2019)||AICTE/IIT||JEE 2019 NTA, National Testing Agency|
|National Eligibility Test (NET 2019)||CBSE||NTA NET|
|CTET 2019||CBSE||NTA CTET 2019|
|Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas Entrance Test||NVS, MHRD Govt. of India||JNVST NTA 2019|
|CLAT (Probable)||NLU||National Testing Agency CLAT|
|CAT (Expected)||IIM||CAT National Testing Agency|
|CMAT (Official Announcement Soon)||AICTE||CMAT NTA|
|GPAT (Soon)||AICTE||NTA GPAT|
With the new rules and changes introduced in the mode of conducting the exam, all the engineering aspirants are at an advantage to take both the JEE Main exams or only one and create a benchmark by achieving a valid JEE Main scorecard. For those who missed the first attempt or could not perform well in the January session, must be ready with a clear study plan if they want to ace this competitive engineering entrance exam in the second phase and improve their AIR ranking. The online registration is open from February 8 to March 7, 2019.
How to improve your performance in the JEE Main 2019?
Clearing the Joint Entrance Examination – JEE in the first attempt is not easy, but it is also not impossible. An aspirant of IIT-JEE entrance examination knows about the countless doubts that co-occur with ‘honest’ advices from the people around. During the preparation period, it is important for you to ignore the myths and take on the next journey with self confidence. To improve your performance in the second phase of JEE Main, you should put your knowledge to test and evaluate your level of preparedness.
Your best partner for IIT-JEE coaching in India – AIM Tutorials has come up with an ideal solution for all your doubts regarding JEE Main 2019 preparation. Combining the expert knowledge of our faculty, and our years of excellence in nurturing students with best-in-time preparation to score top ranks in IIT JEE entrance exams, we would suggest you the most useful last minute JEE Main 2019 preparation tips to help you make your way through JEE Advanced.
- Setup a Time Table: The first step towards preparing for JEE Main entrance exam is to make and follow a well-planned study timetable. Time management is a high-priority requisite for clearing JEE Main and JEE Advanced entrance test. Setting up a well-organized schedule can prove to be a very effective strategy to block your routine study hours for each subject and practice maximum number of questions that boosts your confidence. Know your most effective study hours and improve your speed knowing the right approach to solve a problem. It is good to mark the chapters beforehand you will finish in a given study time.
- Strengthen Your Concept: Do not choose to take up rote learning. Train your brain to understand each and every concept throughout your preparation for clearing IIT-JEE. Once you have a solid understanding of a topic and can keep the keywords in mind for a long period of time, you are more likely to handle the matching questions with ease. Overcome your fear by solving as many numerical and problems as you can and brush up on your knowledge of concepts in each subject. You can choose to follow NCERT and read reference books giving an extra focus on solving the problems to score high in the JEE 2019.
- Solve Previous Year JEE Test Series and Mock Tests: The last minute preparation strategy requires more & more practice for the purpose of understanding the paper pattern, and attaining a better score. Kickstart your preparation with topic wise analysis from the previous year question papers, and online test series. Practice at least two to four JEE mock tests a week and assess your performance at the end of each test. Choose the best test series for IIT JEE preparation which covers different types of question formats to test your problem-solving speed.
- Get a Balanced Diet: Boost your learning capacity with foods that help you study well for the exam. Taking a proper diet and exercise is really important when you are preparing yourself for any competitive exam. You should make sure to keep your body healthy. Drink plenty of water and eat healthy meals that will help you in the long run. Get adequate sleep and find time to exercise in your busy time table schedule. It is good take power naps to de-stress your mind.
- Balance Your CBSE Board and JEE Preparation: The most important thing is to overcome the fear of failure and set your mind with a target to hit the bull’s eye at any cost to get accepted in IIT. For the purpose of realizing your dream, it is necessary to strike a right balance between your board exams and JEE Main preparation. Prepare well for board exam along with JEE. If you are preparing well for CBSE, you are actually drilling for the JEE 2019 examination. Do enough hard work and revise every topic before the exam. You have to keep yourself motivated and confident towards achieving the goal.
Looking for the best coaching institute for Competitive Exams? Get answers to all your questions at AIM Tutorial. We are providing specially designed coaching classes for IIT JEE in Yamuna Nagar and Karnal. Get tips to qualify JEE Main and get top rank to enter into best engineering colleges of India. Join Crash Course for JEE Main 2019 to avail scholarship.